Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Friday Sunset 9:04 pm - Saturday Sunset 9:03 pm
SABBATH SERVICES THIS WEEK
Orcas Adventist Fellowship
Church Service 11 AM
Speaker: Roger Worley
Head Elder: Tom Roosma
Sabbath School 10 AM
Church Service 11 AM
Speaker: Pastor Don
Head Elder: Glenn Aufderhar
Friday Harbor Church Board will be meeting this Thursday, July 20 at 6 PM at the church.
Prayer Drive/Walk will be held at Friday Harbor church this Sabbath, July 22 after potluck. All are welcome to be part of covering our island in prayer!
Orcas Church Board will be held on Monday, July 24 from 5:30-7:00 PM at OCS.
Pastor Don’s Ordination will be Sabbath August 5th at the Bryans residence starting at 3:30 PM. All are invited to attend this special service.
Church Fair Booth The San Juan County Fair is just a month away! There are sign up sheets at the church, so be sure to sign up and be part of the church/heath both ministry. Aug 16th through the 19th.
Amazing Facts Revivalist Dennis Priebe will be at Harbor Church August 25th & 26th. You will not want to miss any of the presentations! More info to come.
Friday Harbor Church Campout on Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1-4 at Fowler's Ranch in Tonasket. Pack up your RV, or tent and camping gear, and plan to join us for a fun weekend of fellowship. You are welcome to bring bikes, ATV's and motorcycles. Bring a beach towel and water toys for a day at the lake. Stay tuned for more information regarding food and potlucks. Questions? Call Fowler's at (360) 468-2920. Everyone welcome.
Parish Nurse Notes are changing! THANK YOU JUDY WORLEY for your weekly notes keeping us healthy and happy over the past few years. Your wisdom for healthful living has given each of us inspiration as well as tasty recipes! In the coming weeks, this segment will feature health minded notes by guests from different disciplines to strengthen our bodies, our minds, and our spirits. If you would like to join in this health ministry, please contact Sally Coffin, RN by email or phone: email@example.com or 360-842-7743
Friday Harbor Bulletins: Do you have info that needs to get into the Harbor Church bulletin? Bulletin info can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org call Virlinda @ 370-5557. Please turn bulletin info in by evening prior to the Sabbath you want it to be in the church bulletin.
Friday Harbor Vespers is held at the church the first Friday of every month at 7:30 PM. Join us for singing, prayer, and fellowship.
Friday Harbor Women's Bible Study will meet each Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 pm at Linda Smith's home.
Orcas Women’s Bible Study will be taking a break for the summer and will resume in September. Call for more information, Patricia at (360) 298-2313, or Sally at (360) 842-7743.
Lopez Bible Study will take a summer hiatus beginning in June. They will resume again in the fall.
Beautiful Hands will meet each Friday evening, 6pm-8pm at the OCS High School, Room 306.
Friday Harbor Men's Bible Study on Sundays at 7 AM at Friday Harbor Church.
Rachel Fox 5
John Jacobson 7
Rhema Miller 7
Ron Fowler 11
Barbara Aufderhar 21
Rachel Sauter 22
Paul Davis 25
Carol Stubbs 27
Sadie Kongorski 30
Summer Ferry Schedule- effective June 25, 2017 - September 30, 2017
Parish Nurse Notes
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
- 3 organic free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoon of organic olive oil
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Poke holes in your sweet potato and place on middle rack – cook for 60 minutes (or until soft).
- Remove sweet potato from oven and let cool.
- Scoop the sweet potato from the skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Discard the skin or eat it as a snack – it contains a lot of the same vitamins as the insides!
- Add olive oil, coconut milk and maple syrup to the sweet potato and mix until it is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the sweet potato and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the muffin pan and fill each tin until ⅔ full.
- Cook in the oven on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes (or until an inserted knife in the middle of the muffin comes out clean).
Thank you Judy for your Nurse Notes!! You will be missed!